The Shire of Murchison has a full-time works crew of 8 plus 2 sub contractors as required.
The crew is split into:
3 man construction crew + (2 sub contractors as required)
2 man maintenance crew
1 Full time Gardener
1 Work Supervisor
The construction crew construct and reconstruct sections of road within the Shire so that the road system is improved overall.
The maintenance crew operates 2 graders, which are working continuously to maintain all roads to the highest possible standard.
Plant owned by the Shire of Murchison currently consist of:
- 1 x 12H Cat Grader (14ft blade)
- 1 x John Deere 672G 6 Wheel Grader (14ft blade)
- 1 x John Deere 770G Grader (14ft blade)
- 1 x 938G Cat Loader
- 1 x L110E Volvo Loader
- 1 x UD Nissan Prime Mover.
- 1 x Kenworth Prime Mover
- 2 x IVECO Powerstar Prime Mover.
- 3 x 21m 3 semi side tippers
- 1 x Komatsu D85 Bulldozer
- 1 x Bomag Rubber Tyre Roller
- 1 x Bomag Padfoot Roller
- 1 x 30,000ltr mild steel water tanker, self filling.
- 1 x Isuzu Dual Cab Truck (Construction)
- 1 x Isuzu Dual Cab Truck (Maintenance)
- 1 x Great Wall 4WD Ute (Gardener)
- 1 x Toyota 25 Fork Lift
- 2 x Toyota Prado
- 1 x toyota Hilux 4WD Ute
- 1 x Ford Tractor
- 3 x 7 x 5 Tandem trailers
- 3 x 6 x 4 Box Trailers
- 1 x Ride on Lawn Mower
- 1 x Isuzu 4WD Ute
- 2 x 20ft Fuel trailer
- 2 x low loader floats.